Monday, December 9, 2013

Blog Entry #6

   The section that I chose to write about was the Jester archetype. This archetype, along with caretaker turned out to be my highest archetype and so naturally I felt inclined to do so. Not to mention the fact that there is a certain darkness that I find in this particular character. In the Pearson and Marr book “What Story Are You Living?” a summary from a folktale Called “Tyll Ulenspiegel’s Merry Prank” is shown, depicting the story of a king and his two Jesters. He then hears that a traveling Jester, Tyll is in town and so the king invites him to entertain his majesty. As the two prime Jesters perform, Tyll outwits them at every turn. The King then decides to make a competition between the three and the winner will win 20 pieces of gold. The winner would be decided by who makes the biggest wish, who turns out to be Tyll by making fun of the two previous wishes and turning into his own. This is a prime example of just how “not” serious a true Jester is, taking an extremely important and life changing experience into something fun. The Jester seems too consistently weasel their way out of a lot of hard situations by saying the right things or keeping everyone entertained .The huge problem though is that, the lack of seriousness makes it really hard for some to get their life together and have the life they dream of actually happen. In real life a characteristic that I can think of is myself, and how I've kind of let things get so out of hand, but I tell a joke here and there and people like me, not knowing how much I want to accomplish my dreams.

Work Cited

Pearson S. Carol and Marr K. Hugh. What Story Are You Living?. Center for Applications of Psychological Type, Inc. 2009 Print

No comments:

Post a Comment