Thursday, November 28, 2013

Blog Entry #5

The course thus far has been a complete surprise to me, a pleasant surprise thus far. When you are on your own, registering for classes and you are being told that you have to take an English class, you are just going to pick anything that works with your schedule as did I. I will be honest and say that I did not know I was signing up for an online class, because I've never done well in them. I will also say this; the context of the class is pretty awesome. In my opinion what we are learning is, essentially, the use of words, and what they mean in a particular piece and how these combinations of words and phrases come together to deliver what the author (or protagonist) is trying to convey. This task is not easy, but it's still fun to read a poem once and not know what they are talking about and then break it down and come to your own conclusion. Up until now what I have found the most interesting is the thirteen archetypes, and how they all play a part in our lives. The two most prominent in my life after I took the PMAI, was Jester and Caregiver. I loved the story especially for the Caregiver about the goddess Demeter and her daughter Kore. It really reflects in my life how I constantly care more about others than I do myself, and get screwed over for it at the end. This course is opening new doors of thought for me, and how I see myself and my presentation to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment